4/11/2012

Whoopie!

So I'd been seeing lots of people pinning Whoopie Pie recipes and after the seventy eleven zillionth pin showing up on my pinterest page I thought I'd give it a whack.
Unfortunately I picked up the wrong flour tub when I was getting my ingredients together, and instead of my good Doves Farm gluten-free blend I used the '00' Dopia pasta flour. D'oh. The worst thing was I didn't realise until AFTER I'd made the pies and the marshmallow filling.
They looked and smelled lovely, but instead of being soft and cakey they were dry and crumbly.
Mark this one down for 'try again' (this time with the right flour!)

1 comment:

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, wow. Well, *that* would certainly change the texture!!

I am not gluten-intolerant, but I am LOVING baking with gluten free flours. Cakey is my FAVORITE texture in the world, and I'm zealously trying chocolate in every combination with my besan flour, because I've not had it a bad way yet.

Of course, that could be the chocolate more than the flour. But, still - thanks for the idea to try it. And, better luck next time with the Whoopies!!