11/10/2011

HandmAidCraft Day

Back in September I helped out at HandmAidCraft day - well ok I say 'helped out' but in reality I wandered around with my camera taking pictures of all the really creative stuff and people that showed up on the day. Because seriously there are some very talented knitters and crafters in Dublin these days. Anyone who knows me knows my wojus attempts at crocheting and knitting, I'm really good at making long, long, long scarves, so ye know.

But the crafters of Dublin were out in force that Saturday and showing off their talents and produce. It was a really brilliant day with lots of classes, crafts, cakes (of course!) and cups and cups of coffee. At the end of it all over 5,000 euro had been raised for Oxfam Ireland to go towards helping the victims of the famine in Somalia.

All of the photos from the day can be found over at the main HandmAid Craft website.

No comments: